NAMI-New Mexico is an effective mental health organization dedicated to empowering and enlightening New Mexico’s diverse population thru advocacy, education and support.
NAMI-New Mexico accomplishes its mission by:
• Providing education programs for families, individuals, providers and communities;
• Promoting innovative, state-wide education and treatment in diverse community settings;
• Working to abolish stigma;
• Working with all branches and levels of government to promote systems change and expand resources;
• Providing safe environments to promote resiliency and recovery.
Nami Walks 2019
NAMIWalks 2019- Every journey begins with that first step. This year, more than 50 thousand people in almost 100 communities across the nation will join NAMI and walk together to raise awareness of mental illness and raise funds for local, regional and state NAMI organizations.
Each NAMIWalks event brings together people of all ages and fitness levels for a fun 5K walk event. Those who are unable to walk with us are welcome to register and participate as a volunteer or “virtual walker.”
NAMI Walks 2019 will be at the Albuquerque Balloon Park on Saturday May 11th. Find a team and join today!